Who are the medical experts providing the service?
Teladoc Health experts are international medical professionals in disease knowledge. They are the eminent source for information within the medical community because of the importance of their publications, the number of cases they have successfully treated and their prestigious standing at the leading medical centres around the world.
How does it work?
This service is available to you at no extra cost. Once you request an SMO referral, your information will be passed onto Teladoc Health.
- You will be matched with a Physician Case Manager, who will guide you through your case from start to finish.
- Teladoc Health will request your medical information and reports to support your SMO case.
- A Teladoc clinical committee will review your case and select a world class expert who specialises in your condition.
- You will receive a written report from Teladoc Health within 10 working days. The report may contain recommendations for treatment, information about known alternative treatment and answers to your specific questions.
- Your Case Manager will talk you through the report and explain any recommendations and answer your questions.
Does receiving this service change what treatment I am covered for?
This service is independent from your health plan with Sukoon and Bupa Global. Support and advice provided as part of the Second Medical Opinion service does not confirm that any related treatment or additional support which may be discussed would be covered under your health plan.
Any information you receive is confidential between you and Teladoc Health, providers of the service. Your second opinion report is not communicated back to Sukoon or Bupa Global, or other parties in any way.
Will using this service affect my premiums in any way?
No, your premiums will not be affected in any way as a result of using this service. This service is offered at no additional cost.